We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
- Stuart's incredulous reaction to the ending of Mirrors, in which the Canadian guy from 24 wakes up after his demon-battle to discover himself in mirror-land. Referenced in later episodes with the phrase itself.
Elliott: And then what happens to Kiefer? Stuart: He gets smashed by a rock or something, I think. Elliott: And then? Stuart: Then he, like, wakes up. Elliott: The twist ending, the twist ending... Stuart: No, he wakes up and he's walking around. Elliott: He's walking around and? Stuart: Uh... Dan: Stuart, did you notice anything strange about the words after he woke up? Stuart: Well, I mean, uh, it looked like everything was backwards but I thought I'd just been drinking a lot. Elliott: No, everything was backwards 'cause now he's trapped in the mirrors. Stuart: Wait...what? Elliott: For some reason! Dan: Whoaaaaaa..! Stuart: C'mon. Elliott: Nope, and then cut to credits– Dan: Stu– Stuart: (indignantly) What? Elliot: That's it. Stuart: C'mon. Elliott: That's the end of the movie. Dan: The hell you say! Elliott: But it's li– Stuart: What? Elliott: It feels li–it feels like a movie that– Stuart: C'mon. Elliott: –the script ended– Stuart: C'mon. What are you talking about? Elliott: That's what, that's how it ends. You watched it–us– Stuart: Wait, wait, what? Elliott: You watched it with us, that's how it ends. Stuart: That's how it ended? Elliott: Yes. Stuart: C'mon. What are you talking about? Elliott: Yes, yes, that was the end of the movie– Stuart: What? Wait, that's the end? Elliott: Yes. Stuart: C'...c'...c'mon, what are you talking about? Wait, he's a ghost now? Elliott: No, well he's not necessarily a ghost, he's trapped in the mirror world though. Stuart: Wait, but he's like walking around. Elliott: He's walking around but he's in in a mirror version, you know, he's in the reverse image of the world around him. Stuart: We–c'mon, that doesn't make any sense. Elliott: No it doesn't, but it's still the end of the movie. Stuart: Wait, what? Wait, is he a demon? Elliott: No, he's not a demon, he's just himself. Stuart: C'mon, that doesn't make any sense.
- Movie Minute Number 27: Oscars Double Down
- Episode 34: Mirrors
- Episode 47: The Unborn @30:13
- Episode 80: The Sorcerer's Apprentice @19:56
- Episode 102: Cowboys & Aliens @12:25
- John Siracusa and Merlin Mann "#16: Ancient Bird" Reconcilable Differences. Podcast audio. Relay FM, 17 December 2015. http://www.relay.fm/rd/16 (accessed 19 December 2015)