Dan: On this episode we discuss The Bye Bye Man. Stuart: The bizarre-but-true story of newshound Edward R. Murrow! Dan: What? Stuart: Wasn't that his signoff? "Bye bye!" Elliott: (unamused) No.
Official Show Notes
Shocktober concludes with the playfully titled The Bye Bye Man, starring the titular Bye Bye Man and some boring people. Meanwhile, Elliott channels Freddy Krueger to give the Bye Bye Man some advice, Stu explains Dan doesn't have to pick up floor food, and Dan has some questions about fish blow jobs.
Three friends stumble upon the horrific origins of a mysterious figure they discover is the root cause of the evil behind unspeakable acts.
People commit unthinkable acts every day. Time and again, we grapple to understand what drives a person to do such terrible things. But what if all of the questions we're asking are wrong? What if the cause of all evil is not a matter of what, but who? When three college friends stumble upon the horrific origins of the Bye Bye Man, they discover that there is only one way to avoid his curse: don't think it, don't say it. But once the Bye Bye Man gets inside your head, he takes control.
- "The Happy Fisherman" shower curtain @12:45, 20:20, 36:30, 1:09:00, 1:09:55
- Totally Snorifying (Stuart) @53:20
- Totally Snorifying (Elliott) @53:30
- Totally Snorifying (Dan) @53:50
- Jughead @35:10
- Popeyes Fried Chicken @37:30
- Freddy Krueger @38:20, 46:40
- The Taking of Pelham One Two Three @50:25
- A peek behind the curtain @56:45
- Pervazoid #1 @1:02:40
- Zapped! @1:02:45
- Robot Jox @1:03:40
- Aquafan.com @1:08:50
- The Bye Bye Man 2: The Bad News Buddy
- The Bye Bye Man 2: The Goodbye Kid
- Stuart's planned directorial debut.
- “Much like Huey Lewis, you want a new Jug...head.”
- “There's something sweet about that. I like that all these movie monsters have found love.”
- “There's nothing in the rulebook that says a dog can't kill people with hallucinations.”
- “Fuck you, movie.”
- “If only Hitler hadn't told all those Jews about the Bye Bye Man, he wouldn't have had to do all that.”
- “Remember the time when we were recording and Stuart got up, left [to go] to the bathroom, and changed into a tiny bathing suit?”
- “This is making me very uncomfortable…very uncomfortable.”
- "What are your favorite French films?" from Bartholomew Lastnamewithheld @1:10:00
- "Mail Title" from Mallory Lastnamewithheld @Time
- R-O-C-K in the U-S-A! @1:14:40
- "Mail Title" from Stubert McLastnamewithheld @1:17:15
- Applecart (2017) by Brad Baruh (Stuart) @1:21:00
- Gerald's Game (2017) by Mike Flanagan starring Carla Gugino (Dan) @1:23:22
- Happy Death Day (2017) by Christopher Landon (Dan) @1:25:08
- Queen of Earth (2015) by Alex Ross Perry (Elliott) @1:25:58
- Christine (2016) by Antonio Campos (Elliott) @1:26:31