We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Dan: On this episode of the podcast we discuss Pay the Ghost. Stuart: Who's in that movie, Dan? Dan: Why, one Nic—olas—Cage. Stuart: That means it's Cagemas in July! Zhubin: Yay! ["Stars and Stripes Forever" by John Philip Sousa]…I mean ["Freeze Frame" by the J. Geils Band]… No, I mean, uh, uh…["Deck the Halls"]… Stuart: Yeah! Zhubin: I got it. I nailed it. Stuart: Nailed it in one.
Official Show Notes
- "Zhubin Parang joins us for the fourth most magical time on the Flop House calendar: Cagemas in July! It's also time for the political conventions, so more extensive show notes are canceled while Dan jets off to Cleveland and Philly."
- Mike Cole's life is torn apart when his son is abducted during a Halloween parade. Desperate to bring him home again, Mike must risk everything to unravel a terrifying supernatural mystery.
- A Movie I Kinda Like (Dan) @56:15
- Bad-Bad (Stuart) @57:00
- Good-Bad Movie (Zhubin) @57:35
- Sandalvember @04:55, 06:10
- Smash Cut @09:15
- Bad Dad, Soccer Dad
- H.P. Lovecraft @15:00
- New Orleans @16:10
- C.H.U.D. @25:50
- Revenge of the Nerds @26:55
- Long discussion about whether Dan has a chance with the police detective character (played by Lyriq Bent). @35:35
- The Wicker Man @39:15
- Night Breed @48:35
- Jason Voorhees @52:00
- "I'm the ghost now, dog" @54:10
- Officer Doctor
- A New York City cop who is also a practicing physician. @22:40
- “When you were a kid, you saw and talked to ghosts all the time, you know? But somewhere along the way, the money kind of just took your attention away from all that, you know?”
- “It's The Big Short of haunted children.”
- “If you like a bloody Snuffleupagus…”
Stuart: It's not unlike like when you die Dan — which will probably not be that far in the future, you're — Dan: What!? Zhubin: 2-3 weeks. Stuart: — for sure going to want your ashes to be spread on a field so that — Dan: I don't know why — Stuart: — your life-giving body can give forth to new life so that — Dan: Did you hear something? I — Stuart: Weeeeell, I got a letter from your doctor. Uh, it was hand-written for some reason. Dan: What? I don't know why you got that. Zhubin: His doctor said he's gonna kill you. Stuart: Yep! It was all cut-out letters from newspapers. Zhubin: It was a ransom that — Stuart: It said something about playing a game, and I'm like, "I don't really care about playing a game." I threw it away. Zhubin: It's a ransom that Stuart refuses to pay. Stuart: I'm like, this is too long, honk-shoo, I'm sleepy, throw away in the garbage. Dan: I guess it's good I know about it.
- The Adventure Zone @59:55
- Trends Like These @1:36:35
Flop House Housekeeping
- Blue Apron @1:01:00
- 1x Jumbotron @1:04:50
- Zhubin's scalped tickets to the Flop House live show @1:07:35
- "I Want Some Dicks and Man Ass." from Fullnamewithheld @1:09:30
Zhubin: There's no peen in the Magic Mike movies? Stuart: There's no peen in the Magic Mike movies.
If you want to see peen, I don't know, watch Shame so you can see Michael Fassbender's weenis.
Dan: Yeah. Fassbender. That was going to be my top recommendation. Stuart: Top pick to watch a man go through the struggle of coping with sexual addiction? Dan: Yeah, it's a little sad. If you want to watch something sexy, I don't know if it's... Stuart: Yeah, watch Hollow Man so you can see Kevin Bacon's half-invisible weiner.
- "Movies You Showed to Your Parents That Went Worse Than Expected" from R.P. @1:14:45
- Has the show always been about movies? I'll take my answer off the air from Ken Pfeiste @1:18:15
- my dog poops in other people's yards through their fence; what should I do? from Dan "McCoy" @1:20:15
- Finding Dory (2016) by Andrew Stanton, Angus MacLane (Dan) @1:24:10
- The Granny (1995) by Luca Bercovici (Stuart) @1:26:55
- Weiner (2016) by Josh Kriegman and Elyse Steinberg (Zhubin) @1:30:50
Stuart: So — Zhubin: I should really care about this podcast. Stuart: You've done this show before, so you know — we're basically just gonna do a bunch of scenes. Zhubin: Yeah. Stuart: So... just come up with a cool character for yourself. Zhubin: Oh, ok. Stuart: Like a fighter. Zhubin: Just approach this like the Dungeons and Dragons thing? Stuart: Like a shashbuckler, yeah. Say, "my guy does like..." ok. Zhubin: My guy is very quiet but he WINKS all his opinions, so — Stuart: Ok, that's not gonna translate well to this audio medium. Zhubin: Pretty cool, though. It's different, though, don't you want that? Stuart: Yeah, I guess. Zhubin: Every podcast's the same, now.