Dan: On this episode of the podcast we discuss Pay the Ghost. Stuart: Who's in that movie, Dan? Dan: Why, one Nic—olas—Cage. Stuart: That means it's Cagemas in July! Zhubin: Yay! ["Stars and Stripes Forever" by John Philip Sousa]…I mean ["Freeze Frame" by the J. Geils Band]… No, I mean, uh, uh…["Deck the Halls"]… Stuart: Yeah! Zhubin: I got it. I nailed it. Stuart: Nailed it in one.
Official Show NotesEdit
- "Zhubin Parang joins us for the fourth most magical time on the Flop House calendar: Cagemas in July! It's also time for the political conventions, so more extensive show notes are canceled while Dan jets off to Cleveland and Philly."
- A Movie I Kinda Like (Dan) @56:15
- Bad-Bad (Stuart) @57:00
- A Movie I Kinda Like (Zhubin) @57:35
- Sandalvember @04:55, 06:10
- Smash Cut @09:15
- Bad Dad, Soccer Dad
- H.P. Lovecraft @15:00
- New Orleans @16:10
- C.H.U.D. @25:50
- Revenge of the Nerds @26:55
- Long discussion about whether Dan has a chance with the police detective character (played by Lyriq Bent). @35:35
- The Wicker Man @39:15
- Night Breed @48:35
- Jason Voorhees @52:00
- Officer Doctor
- A New York City cop who is also a practicing physician. @22:40
- “When you were a kid, you saw and talked to ghosts all the time, you know? But somewhere along the way, the money kind of just took your attention away from all that, you know?”
- “It's The Big Short of haunted children.”
- “If you like a bloody Snuffleupagus…”
Flop House HousekeepingEdit
- "I Want Some Dicks and Man Ass." from Fullnamewithheld @1:09:30
Zhubin: There's no peen in the Magic Mike movies? Stuart: There's no peen in the Magic Mike movies.
If you want to see peen, I don't know, watch Shame so you can see Michael Fassbender's weenis.
Dan: Yeah. Fassbender. That was going to be my top recommendation. Stuart: Top pick to watch a man go through the struggle of coping with sexual addiction? Dan: Yeah, it's a little sad. If you want to watch something sexy, I don't know if it's... Stuart: Yeah, watch Hollow Man so you can see Kevin Bacon's half-invisible weiner.
- "Movies You Showed to Your Parents That Went Worse Than Expected" from R.P. @1:14:45
- "Mail Title" from Listener Lastnamewithheld @Time
- Finding Dory (Year) by Director (Dan) @Time
- The Granny (1995) by Luca Bercovici (Stuart) @Time
- Weiner (2016) by Josh Kriegman and Elyse Steinberg (Zhubin) @1:30:50
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.