Stuart : Hey, tonight we watched Strange Magic. Dan : –some shit that fell out of George Lucas' brain.
Official Show Notes
- "In this episode, Jordan Morris of terrific MaxFun sister podcast Jordan, Jesse, Go! stops by to co-host while Elliott's in England, a move he immediately regretted when we watched Strange Magic. Meanwhile, Dan explains the proper way to drink beer, Stuart evinces his disdain for improv, and Jordan displays his surprisingly deep knowledge of Three Ninjas."
Goblins, elves, fairies and imps, and their misadventures sparked by the battle over a powerful potion.
Bog King leader of the Dark Forest, hates the notion of love and has ordered the destruction of all primroses, which are an essential ingredient of love potions. However, when he meets Marianne, a feisty fairy princess whose heart was broken by a philandering fiance, he begins to change his mind. Meanwhile, an elf named Sunny makes his way to the Dark Forest to collect enough primrose petals for a potion of his own.
- Overall bad-bad, but nearly good-bad (Dan) @35:31
- Bad-bad (Stuart) @35:58
- Bad-bad (Jordan) @36:55
- “Nee, Ich kann nur ein kleines bißchen Deutsch sprechen. Ich hab’ so viel vergeßen. [Nah, I can only speak a little bit of German. I’ve forgotten so much.]”
- @37:55–Stuart sings about letters and Jordan sings about boners.
- "Stuart, can you speak the rest of the episode in German?" from Scott Lastnamewithheld @38:20
We find out about Stuart's adventures working in a German Beer Hall.
- "titlewithheld" from Cor LastLetterwithheld @40:30
- "Mail Title" from Listener Lastnamewithheld @Time
- The Overnight (2015) by Patrick Brice (Elliott) @Time
- Results (2015) by Andrew Bujalski (Stuart) @Time
- The Super Cops (1974) by Gordon Parks (Dan) @Time