Tag[edit | edit source]
Dan: On this episode we discuss CBGB. Elliott: That's not a—that's just a bunch of letters. What does that mean? Dan: Uh, it stands for... Stuart: Cow Butt, Guy Butt? Elliott: I'm interested!
Official Show Notes[edit | edit source]
- "The iconic punk club is torn down yet again, in movie form."
Movie Summary[edit | edit source]
Premise[edit | edit source]
Though originally conceived as a country and bluegrass venue, Hilly Kristal's New York club becomes the birthplace of underground and punk music, and helps launch the careers of such bands as Blondie, the Ramones and the Police.
Story[edit | edit source]
Final Judgments[edit | edit source]
- Bad-bad (Dan) @37:05
- Bad-bad (not that Dan asked) (Stuart) @38:37
- Bad-bad (Elliott) @38:32
Episode Highlights[edit | edit source]
- Impressions of celebrities discussing Dune @10:55
- Michael Winslow
- Sylvester Stallone @43:35
- Seabiscuit @47:40
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Listener Mail[edit | edit source]
Mailbag Song[edit | edit source]
- No song this time.
Letters[edit | edit source]
- "The Six Reasons Why Elliott Kalan Is History's Greatest Monster" from Neil Lastnamewithheld @39:05
- "Thank You" from Daddy Lastnamewithheld @48:05
- "Dear Mr. Kalan" from The State of Lastnamewithheld @50:00
- DuckTales @50:50, 51:55, 54:55
- "A Followup" from Tracy Lastnamewithheld @51:45
- Robert Z'Dar @53:30
Recommendations[edit | edit source]
- Stagecoach (1939) by John Ford (Dan) @1:02:45
- Starry Eyes (2014) by Kevin Kolsch (Stuart) @1:01:20
- The Warped Ones (1960) by Koreyoshi Kurahara (Elliott) @1:05:00
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.