aka Bad Dad Soccer Dad
- "Sure, Nicolas Cage is great, but whither Gerard Butler? In this episode we discuss Playing for Keeps."
- The Butler did it.
Official Show Notes
Nicholas Cage might be our true love, but that doesn’t mean we can’t indulge our bad movie crush Gerard Butler and his soccer comedy (?) “Playing for Keeps.” Meanwhile, Dan lets us in on all the cool cop lingo, Stu reminds us of the plight of the MILFs, and Elliott is surprisingly down with necrophilia.
A former sports star who's fallen on hard times starts coaching his son's football team as a way to get his life together. His attempts to become an adult are met with challenges from the attractive football moms who pursue him at every turn.
Long past his soccer-playing heyday, George Dryer is struggling financially and failing in his attempt to reconcile with his ex-wife, Stacie, and young son, Lewis. When Lewis' soccer team has an opening for a coach, George steps up. Not only is George a big hit with the children, but he also attracts lots of attention from some of the players' single and unhappily married mothers.
- Bad-Bad Movie (Stuart) @34:25
- Bad-Bad Movie (Dan) @35:05
- Bad-Bad Movie (Elliott) @35:40
- Pervazoid #1 (Stuart) @02:40
- Seven Pounds (Batman Villain) @03:40
- Scots with American gangster accents @6:50
- Bad Dad Soccer Dad @ 07:48
- Dennis Duchovny, David's twin brother @11:35
- Milf Ecology @10:10
- Stuart saw a Top Gear ad on top of a bus stop @15:30
- The Cryptkeeper, C.H.U.D., dissolves into Words that Sound Like Other Words @18:30
- Dear Penthouse @19:50
- "no Gremlins" rule @26:32
- The Ugly Treyf
About an orthodox Jew that decides to go non-kosher for Lent (even though he's Jewish, so why would he celebrate Lent?). @04:10
- Bat Mitzvah
Vampires invade a Bar Mitzvah. @26:55
“There's like no movie in this movie!”
“This is like taking a bite of a bowl of dust. Not satisfying, no nutrition, there's nothing there.”
—Elliott @ 31:33
“This is a movie that an old person could watch while they're sleeping”
—Elliott @ 34:45
- Stuart Mailbag Songs
- "Great Email for the Show*" from Firstnamewithheld Jones @39:40
- "Intentionally Bad Movies" from Ben Lastnamewithheld @42:48
- "A Request" from Sarah Notdan'swife @45:47
- "Flop House Drinking Game" from Peter Lastnamewithheld @49:30
- Iron Man 3 (2013) by Shane Black (Stuart) @54:10
- Wake in Fright (1971) by Ted Kotcheff (Dan) @55:30
- Gregory's Girl (1981) by Bill Forsyth (Elliott) @58:45
- The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958) by Nathan H. Juran (Elliott) @1:01:00
- 20 Million Miles to Earth (1957) by Nathan H. Juran (Elliott) @1:02:00